Friday, February 5, 2010

You have questions, I will give you answers :)

Rob Weaver said...
You must be tired staying up all night to write! When do you get your sleep?

Hope you dont mind me asking, but did you study English or creative writing? Or is this a hobbie you have been pursuing? Hope it goes well!

Ps What is the premise of your novel? or would you have to kill me if i found out?

Rob



Aw, I have questions. I figured I would just answer them on a post, since I don't really have anything to blog about today.

Sleep? What is sleep? LOL, no seriously, I usually go to bed between 4-6am, give or take an hour or two, and get in about 6 hours. I wake up around noon most of the time, even if I've gone to bed at 8am but that doesn't happen often. I have always been a "night owl", but, in the case of my nephew, I would never get any writing done if I didn't do it at night (He is a very high wired 3 year old).

As for schooling, I took advanced placement English/Creative writing studies in high school. I did not go to college. It's not that I have anything against learning, it's the fact of having to pay for knowledge that I don't like. I have learned, growing up in poverty, that money is very important but not everything. I am not saying that learning isn't a good investment but why pay for something you can get for free on your own (well not exactly free, it cost money to have Internet and to buy books). As long as you are willing to learn you can do it by yourself without a professor who will most likely confuse you.

Also, I take my writing very seriously. This blog I have is something that is just for me to have fun; this, for me, is a hobby. I am more free with this, I don't worry so much about punctuation and grammar on my blog. It's kind of a release.

As for my novel, it's about a young woman that grew up in an orphanage. She has a taste for blood but doesn't realize she's different until she creates an indestructible companion. It's all about her quest in finding out what and who she is and the new friends she meets along the way. This is the first novel of a series of 3-5 novels, haven't decided how many but I know there will be at least 3. I will try to post the synopsis I have soon, I just got a new laptop so I have to look through the files on my other computer to find it.

I have played around with the idea for about 10 years now but just recently start acting on writing it, instead of leaving it in my head. It will be in the dark fantasy/vampire genre. I just wish I had decided to actually write it years ago because now-a-days everywhere you turn around there's something dealing with vampires.

If anyone has anymore questions, well, just ask away :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the thorough reply!

    Your novel sounds great! Sounds like it would be hugely popular in this current craze too!

    Its a credit to you how you keep going, you must put alot of hard work into what you do. Im guessing your body adjusts to less sleep lol!

    I study English Language and would love to get into writing for TV or radio! One day i will realise my dream!... hopefully!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete