Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I can have an opinion too, lol

Well I have to say I have been slacking in my writing the past couple of days but when I was at the bookstore the other day with my sister I picked up some reading material. And one of the main things that keeps me from writing is reading, next to stress that is. Since I had been stressed out a new book to read is just what I needed and now I am pumped back up, all stress off my shoulders, ready to write. All the ideas that were stuck in my head, that I was unable to find words for, are ready to flow from my hand and through my pen. Yes, I write all my stuff by hand first before typing it. Actually writing it makes me feel more comfortable and I am able to get better words out if I feel that comfort. People have told me it is way too much work I am putting on myself but it's how I like to do it :)

Anyhow, one of the books I picked up was Fallen by Lauren Kate, it was the one I have read so far. It isn't the normal type of book I read but after reading the first few pages I was entirely hooked, even though I am not a religious person and it is about fallen angels. I was utterly surprised that it was able to grab my attention so completely, I literally could not put this book down, I loved it. I seriously can't wait for the next in the series to come out. Just so you know it is suppose to be a teen novel but I don't really see books as separated as teen and adult. I don't understand the labeling, is there someone out there that says, "Oh, this book will only be read by teenagers and no way will an adult like it." I will, with absolutely no doubt, still like books that are considered "teen" when I'm 90, if I make it that long, lol. No I don't only read books out of that section but I do not count them out when searching for a book to settle down and read, you don't know what you could miss out on if you skip over the teen section in the book store just 'cause you think you're too old for it.

Also, last night we (me, my mom, my sister, and her boyfriend) watched Jennifer's Body and I am sad to say I was extremely disappointed. I was expecting it to be much better than it was. I mean I have seen worse movies but come on, and then they put that horrible Courtney Love song at the end after you thought it couldn't get any worse. Have you ever had that feeling that you wasted a perfectly good chunk of time that you could have been doing something more productive? Okay, that's how I felt when the movie was done.

Well I'm outta here to get some work done on my novel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment