Monday, February 22, 2010

My interruptions and My helpers

So, writing has been going pretty well lately with only a few interruptions. Last night I was interrupted by my man for about an hour while he ranted and raved about his many characters on his World of Warcraft account. I can't stand W.O.W., just for the record, but I feel it is just rude to ignore him or even tell him to be quiet because he listens to my endless ranting about my characters, story line and so on from my novel. I guess we're pretty much even. I know that he's not really into the subject of which I'm writing but he listens and gives me advice on what he thinks might need improving. After he finally left and I was able to get back to my writing I was attacked by an onslaught of ideas. Ideas are always great but the only problem was these ideas kept me from what I was determine to write in my novel. They were related to my story but not the particular book I am writing right now. They're more idealistic for the third book of my series. I did, of course, note all the ideas on my handy-dandy index cards and there were some very, very original and unique ideas. I would share but I'm paranoid and since it will probably be quite awhile before I start writing the third book I will keep them to myself for now.

Two of my cousins are reading through the chapters I have finished and have agreed to give me feedback of what they think, good or bad. So far what they have read they like and that's promising, especially from my cousin Shannon because she is very critical about what she reads. If it doesn't catch her attention from the get go she'll let you know about it and she doesn't care who you are. She is brutally honest and that's exactly what someone like me needs. Both of my cousins are extremely thrilled that I chose them because they are the only ones who have been allowed to even glimpse what I've written, well besides the synopsis I posted previously on a blog entry. I chose them because they will be less likely to try to spare my feeling, unlike my mother or sister who would tell me it's good, just to make me happy and that's the last thing I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment