Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Writer Wednesday: Week Forty-five




Well, this (Writer Wednesday: Week Forty-five) is going up super late. It's been a craptastic week, and when I saw who (or actually what) this week's feature was, well, I wasn't too thrilled. But that's my problem. Without further ado, here's this week's featured . . . group.

As mentioned above, this week I'm featuring a group of authors instead of just a single one. This group is known as One Million Project or OMP. This group of authors was brought together by smooth-talker Jason Greenfield (he'll be featured in a couple of weeks). The goal of OMP is to sell anthologies (it's supposed to venture into art and music . . . eventually), donating the proceeds to charity. The hope is to one day reach and surpass £1-Million. There are two charities that are to receive these donations: Cancer Research UK and EMMAUS (which is a charity to help put an end to homelessness). The anthologies were made up of over one-hundred authors from around the world, with each volume containing 40 stories—except one, which has 30. There were four in total: Fiction, Fantasy, Thriller (awesome S.L. Baron and I personally proofread and compiled this volume), and Variety. In all honesty, my opinion is, they would sell better if the volumes were smaller and more focussed in subject, but this wasn't my pet project, so it wasn't my say. Guys, bigger is not always better.

But, my current feelings aside, there are some fantastic stories in these volumes. Yes, they're pricey, but they're for a good cause. Below you can find the links for the anthologies and other helpful links to learn more about OMP.


One Million Project Facebook Page

One Million Project website (There used to be an actual website instead of this Wordpress one, but I couldn't find it.)

One Million Project blog

One Million Project Twitter (Really this is just Jason Greenfield's personal Twitter handle; he should probably separate the two entities.)

I'd give y'all the OMP Amazon Author Page, but that appears to not have been created.😬


Books:

OMP: Fiction

OMP: Fantasy

OMP: Thriller

OMP: Variety


Hey, hopefully, I post on time next week. Thanks for joining me this week, even though it's extremely late. Remember, support indie authors by NOT buying/downloading works from pirating sites. If you're unsure, ask the author where their works should be available. Also, please, leave reviews for the authors you read. Honestly, it means more than you'd think.

No comments:

Post a Comment