Friday, May 31, 2019

Snippet Saturday: a sliver of Halfborn




Marshall sat across from me. We were next to the small pond in the woods from the day we encountered the hunters. Both of us were laughing, but I wasn't quite sure about what. It felt good to laugh.
I looked up, and my eyes caught Marshall's. It was like time slowed. The breath hitched in my throat at the eye contact. The red that lined his eyes made the natural teal stand out, making the color brighter.
He moved toward me an inch. His mind was made up, but he wasn't sure if mine was. He left the decision up to me, whether I wanted to close the gap between us or not. The part of me that knew it was a dream didn't feel comfortable closing that gap. But my dream-self had no doubt in her mind that doing just that was the only option.
I moved to my knees, leaning forward. My lips touched lightly to his. In that small brush of skin, I felt his need, but he hesitated. The next time my lips met his, they lingered. My tongue slipped into his mouth. He responded by pushing me back until I lie on the ground. His lips never left mine.
His hands moved to my shirt and ripped it off. His fingers slid over my skin, causing goosebumps to rise on my body. He began to kiss down my neck. I turned my head to allow him to do so. Then his hand was on the side of my head holding it down in place, and his teeth ripped into my throat.




*If you'd like to read more Halfborn is available in both paperback and ebook formats on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment