Sunday, January 31, 2010

I needed to vent, sorry

I didn't get much writing done last night, reached a certain scene and just couldn't find the words.  I 've been under a great deal of stress lately and the worst part is I shouldn't be the one stressed out.  My mother is out of her "medicine" (it's not medicine unless you live in a state that can perscribe it legally and Florida is not one of those states) and so I get to hear her gripe and moan all day.  It's not that she complains about any physical pain or anything like that, no it's the same thing everyday, all day long, and mostly only when she doesn't have her "medicine".  I understand she's depressed but she's not even tried to get help and doesn't want to take advice from my sister or me.  I am nearly to the point where I'm just about ready to give up on her as she is now accusing me and my sister of conspiring with my father against her.  See he left her nearly six years ago, after she found out he'd been cheating on her for at least a year and after they'd been together for twenty years.  I understand that's terrible and a very traumatic thing but, seriously, enough is enough and I don't feel like going crazy because she refuses to get help for herself.

I'm not trying to sound uncaring but if I see my father and she finds out all hell breaks lose.  Nearly six years I've dealt with this in my life, even when I didn't live with her before me and my other half lost our house.  So I ask you, how would you deal with this situation?

Well enough fuming for me. Eventhough the stress may halt my writing sometimes, at least I can rest my mind and pick right back up later.  I just have to remember to let my mind rest and not force it to work.

I am going to do something productive now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment